The 9th International Space Syntax Symposium has been recently announced. Here are the details as provided by the Organising Committee:
9th INTERNATIONAL SPACE SYNTAX SYMPOSIUM 2013
<Call for Abstracts>
It is hereby announced that the next international space syntax symposium will be held in Seoul, South Korea, 31 October – 3 November 2013.
The organising committee of the symposium invites any interested parties to submit their papers of original research for presentation at the symposium. Abstracts for your papers can be submitted electronically through the symposium web page which will be opened from 20 October 2012. And also they should:
- Be no longer than 500 words.
- Include at most 5 keywords.
- Indicate to which of the 8 Themes it corresponds.
Paper submission requires a prior submission of abstract, so you may not be able to register papers unless you have the abstract submitted.
Further information on the symposium will be announced continually through this mail base and the symposium web page.
The symposium especially invites papers on the following themes, while other Space Syntax themes are also certainly welcome.
- Spatial Analysis and Architectural Theory
- Modelling and Methodological Development
- Urban Space and Social, Economic and Cultural Phenomena
- Building Morphology and Performativity
- Architectural Design and Practices
- Historical Evolution of Built Form
- Spatial Cognition and Behaviours
- Green Urbanism and Sustainable Developments
Below are found the important dates to remember. Note that they may be subject to change. Notices will be made in that case, so please check back often.
10 February 2013 – Last date for abstract submission
26 May 2013 – Last date for paper submission
26 May 2013 – Early registration begins
1 August 2013 – Final notification of acceptance of papers
1 September 2013 – Last date for paper re-submission with correction
1 September 2013 – Early registration ends
21 October 2013 – Paper available on web-site
31 October 2013 – Symposium starts
The Organizing Committee
9th International Space Syntax Symposium in Seoul
31 Oct – 3 Nov 2013